We made an easy DIY advent calendar and the kids love it! I like to get my children excited for holidays and this is a great way to bring in Christmas cheer. It was pretty simple and they can’t wait until December 1 when they get to open an envelope for each day.
Here is what you will need:
- cork board
- little envelopes about 3 x 4′
- bond paper
- paper twine or yarn
- paper clips 24pcs.
- thumb tacks 10 pcs.
- letter stamps (optional)
- Christmas felt ornaments
How to make it:
- Type and print out 24 Christmas activities to do with your kids. Some ideas include:
- Bake Christmas cookies.
- Make a Christmas card for your grandparents.
- Sing a Christmas carol.
- Watch a Christmas movie.
- Act out the story of how Jesus was born.
- Make a Christmas tree ornament
- Draw a Christmas village.
2. Cut out your paper twine to the size of your cork board and fasten them from end to end with decorative thumb tacks.
3. Number your envelopes from 1-24 for the days until Christmas eve. Make it extra special by stamping Christmas words to the front of the envelope.
4. Put one activity into each envelope and hang it on your paper twine with paper clips.
5. Decorate your board with felt figures or Christmas patterns.
There are lots of other diy advent calendars. Some require more work than others. If you have the time and love crafts, why not create one? Here are some of my favorite ideas:
Are you excited for Christmas just as we are? Do you think you can find time to make a diy project this Christmas?