I love bringing nature into the home. It adds life and makes things warm and pretty. While the easiest to add when styling interiors are fresh flowers, indoor plants are highly beneficial. They clean and improve indoor air quality while adding life aesthetically. Whenever I style interiors, the last thing I add are indoor plants. They complete like cherry on a cake.
In my home I have 2 favorite trees and a couple of smaller plants. The fiddle fig tree and red rubber trees are my favorite. There are a couple of other plants that work well indoors too. Here is a quick infographic to help you select the right indoor plants to keep at home.
My favorite are cacti and succulents. I used to have more than 10 of them in my kitchen but because they do need lots of sunlight, they eventually died. I also love bromeliads and spider plants which are easy to care for. You must all be wondering about how to create your own indoor garden or where to put those pretty trees. Here are a couple of guidelines:
- Pick a spot near a window where natural light shines bright.
- Select tall indoor tress to stand alone as a statement piece.
- Put small pots on top of coffee tables, shelves or buffet tables.
- The kitchen is a beautiful place to put indoor plants or herbs especially when it is naturally bright.
- Invest in nice decorative pots and don’t just use ordinary plastic or terracotta holders.
To get your creative juices going here are a couple of websites that I love filled with interior styling inspirations for interior gardens.
Another way to incorporate plants into the home would be to use hanging planters and I happened to design a few for my collaboration with Rags 2 Riches. You can buy them at the shop of this website or at most leading Rags 2 Riches stores in the Philippines.
Got any questions on indoor plants? Comment below and I will answer! Promise:)