As an interior designer, something as simple as an air conditioner can be my worse enemy, so I was delighted to discover a new stylish option by Carrier. I’ve had to deal with hideous air conditioners getting in the way of a rooms focal point because contractors or architects simply forget to consider aesthetics when planning locations for an aircon unit.
We all want to live in a space that is inviting, neat, tidy and beautiful. In today’s busy world, it is important that our home is a sanctuary where we can feel relaxed. If we can get both style and function in our home appliances with no compromises, wouldn’t that be ideal? While there are ways to conceal an aircon unit in a clever way, new stylish options make things easier. I was happy to be invited to the launch of The Carrier Experience, a press event featuring the new Klarwind and X Power 2. Let me tell you what I discovered on that day about these new Carrier air conditioners.
Style and Design:
The new Klarwind is my favorite. Shaped so sexy like lipstick, this new SlimPac design measuring only 340 mm. in waist will look stunning in your home or office space. I saw this piece of art in action as it swiveled in a 270 degree motion, cooling everyone in the room. Perfect for small space living because of its compact design, the Klarwind is able to cool a space of 60 sq. meters and below. What I love about it is that it has a dust cover that automatically shuts closed when the unit is not in use. It has a three-step filter system composed of anti- bacterial and carbon filters making it perfect for sensitive people like me.
Similar to the Klarwind but stronger, the X Power 2 is an option for those who live in bigger spaces. It is able to cool long distances be it placed in a home, an office or restaurants. Even if it is powerful, at 3.0 HP, this air conditioner has an energy-efficient ratio of up to 17.7 meaning you will get powerful long distance cooling without a large electricity bill. Just like the Klarwind, this comes with an auto shutter design that closed when not in use to prevent dust from getting into the vents. I always hated having to clean the vents!
My Interior Styling Tips For Placing Air Conditioners in Your Home:
- Have your space surveyed by professionals. You can inquire from the sales teams you are canvassing from. They know how to spot factors like space, ceiling height, windows and how much sunlight enters your room.
- Always plan the location of your air con way before finishing of construction.
- Ideally never put air conditioners on main focal walls of your space. This means never on top of your living room sofa, never on top of your TV, and never on top of your bed which can all be designed into a focal wall.
- Go for free-standing air conditioners that can easily be placed on corners of a room and still throw efficient cooling around your area.
- Consider after sales. Going with a leading brand like Carrier, ensures you of great quality and after service. Their parts are available for 10 years and customer service is good.
- Have your air conditioning units cleaned professionally every quarter to maintain performance.
The Carrier Klarwind and XPower 2 are available in all major appliance stores nationwide.