Mothers are simple, you’ll be surprised at what we really want for mother’s day. I recall the first mothers day after I became a mom. It was a surreal feeling to be included in the world of motherhood. It was a new world that changed my life forever. It used to be all about me. I slept as long as I wanted to, cuddling with my husband for almost the entire day. I shopped for myself or my husband, and I could eat yogurt for lunch if I didn’t feel like cooking. Then came or son, a chubby little baby who knew how to get my attention with his fake cry for my milk. Showers were reduced to 5 minutes and meals were hurried. Twenty three months later I had a new-born in my arms with a big baby on my lap. It may sound exhausting but it is absolutely perfect! Our little family, perfect in size for my husband and me. Last week my kids asked me what I wanted for mother’s day which got me thinking. The things that make me happy are simple, I realized! I think most moms who dig deep into their hearts beyond the material luxury bags and jewelry also share my real mothers day desires.
1.A loving husband who walks with God so that you are confident in his leadership. A husband who accepts your flaws.
2. Lots of family time filled with adventure, hugs and cuddles.
3. Children who grow to love the Lord and His word to the very end.
4. Good health
5. More sleep
6. A solid set of friends to laugh and cry with.
7. Spa and massage treatments
8. Me time in a sometimes quiet house
10. Personalized jewelry I love personalizing my jewelry with the names of my hubby and kids. Monica Vinader has great quality pieces to personalize.
Have you thought about what mothers day means to you and what you really want?