If you’re a work-at- home mom like me, you’ll know the importance of a functional and aesthetically pleasing work space. While organization is a key necessity, I believe that making things beautiful for you– the person who will be slave to that desk is important. You need to be motivated and inspired to work so styling your home office is something that will be beneficial. The same principle can be applied to any modern woman who is boss of her own office and nothing should stop the admirable women who chose to excel in the workplace. It simply makes sense.. a work office that is beautiful to you will invigorate you!
I’ve put together a list of office essentials, styling and decorating tips, and last but not the least, my own wish list for my own home office. Hopefully this inspires you to create your own space and make your work place beautiful.
Here are some home office essentials that will help you organize your space:
1. Storage boxes. I believe in storing everything in containers and concealing clutter. You can keep paper, folders and other office supplies in storage boxes. Uniformed boxes, or coordinating colored ones make things looks more pleasing.
2. Task light. A desk lamp or overhead task light is very important for work done on paper like writing notes, sketching or reading. Pick decorative light that will go with your theme or an accent piece that will make a statement.
3. Pencil holders and storage jars or cans. The last thing you’d want is to be scrambling for pens when you urgently need it. Having a jar dedicated for pens and pencils or other small office supplies is an essential. It serves as decor too!
4. Shelves. You’ll need a place to put all your storage boxes and supplies so shelves simply installed beside or above your work area offers a great solution for organization.
Some Stylish Office Decor and Tips:
1. Pretty containers for small supplies. These are simply important as you don’t want a cluttered table so why not make it decorative by picking something pretty?
2. Add something sparkly or metallic. If you want your space to look visually interesting, you should play with color and different texture or finishes. Adding something metallic is a favorite decorating tip of mine. It really makes a space look more attractive.
3. Add something from nature. A bouquet of flowers, a potted plant or a small terrarium.. anything from nature has been proven to give life and motivate the mind.
4. Photographs or Art. Complete your office space with artwork or photos of your loved ones. This will not only make your place look prettier, it will remind you of why you have to work. No better motivation right?
My Home Office Wish List:
Russell + Hazel acrylic gold stapler from Amazon.
What does your current home office look like and what do you want to improve on?
You don’t have to spend all at once to execute a new look. Look around your house, you may find things that make pretty decor and curious items.