It was a stormy day in our city and in the midst of cancelled appointments and the cool wind we made Autumn inspired apples. They turned out to be refreshing, healthy and the combination of sweet, sour and autumn spice was pleasant. Here are a few simple steps:
1. Sprinkle baking soda on the apples, add water and scrub the skin thoroughly.
2. Slice the apples into thin pieces.
3. Pour a small amount of lemon juice into the apples in a bowl.
I used organic lemon juice from Healthy Options, but I’m sure some freshly squeezed lemons would even be better!
4. Add some brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and dried cranberries.
5. Combine everything and serve chilled.
You could even go a step further and bake these. It really depends on your preference. I imagine it would go well with vanilla ice cream or a cup of yogurt but I was trying to keep it healthy. My son couldn’t wait to get his hands on this autumn apple surprise. Don’t you think his little chubby hands look yummy too!?
Stay tuned for my next post on Autumn Inspired Home Interiors in the next few days..