I was in Heaven with a cup of flat white, the wind blowing my hair and the sun kissing my cheeks as I sat on a table of a beautiful coastal themed restaurant in New South Wales. I could sit in places like these all day and get lost working on my lap top. I could sit in places like these just staring into the view. I could sit in places like this watching people and day dreaming away with my sunnies on. Yes, I loved The Boathouse with all of me from the vibe to the food and the impressive design. The branding and accessorizing was commendable, I thought as I went around snapping away with my camera.
This gorgeous coastal themed cafe, opened in 2013 and sits in a pretty part of Balmoral Beach in Sydney. Their location by the esplanade is the perfect beach side setting. An abundant supply of fresh market flowers, cheese, and delicious Australian cuisine set in contrast with the rustic beach interiors makes this place a place you must visit.
The food was totally my “favorite” I’m all about fresh healthy food. Salad, freshly squeezed fruit and vegetable juice, healthy burgers.. you get it right? I ordered a summer salad with sweet potato, quinoa and pomegranate. The tuna cracker was insanely good too. If you want to see more of their menu you can click here.
Achieving a coastal themed design is simple and easy to execute with these simple elements to use:
- Stripes. Use stripes on the walls with paint or wall paper. Incorporate them into your space with fabric like the seat pad of your chairs, an accent sofa or some cushions. Pick colors like blue and white, sea green and white or even throw in a 3rd color like red or yellow.
- Make use of sea colors. Think sea foam green, aqua, and different shades of blue.
- Use rustic furniture. Think white washed wood, crackled paint finishes and even light grey tone finishes.
- Add beach themed decor. Prints for the wall with anything to do with the coast like fish, light houses, boats, anchors etc. Put some real sea shells and other natural elements like drift wood.
- Use old vintage looking lamps and light pieces. You can score some great finds in flea markets and ebay.
- Decorate with fresh flowers to complete your look. Flowers add a pop of color and break the beach vibe. sometimes you want something to contrast or break the theme.
Hope you love this coastal themed cafe and restaurant just as much as I do! Stay tuned for more home and design and lifestyle inspiration. Subscribe to our newsletter so you get fresh inspiration weekly!