I’m hoping you’ve all been working your way through each part of your house, organizing and styling as you go along. It’s the last day of our series on #inspiredhomeliving and the most fun to execute as well! Children’s rooms with regards to design can be full of endless possibilities. It’s a place where you can dream, let go and be quirky. Marshmallows, planets, butterflies, airplanes or anything you wish to see..
As always, the first step to a beautiful space is organizing. Kids have lots of toys, books and art supplies among other things. I like to organize them by sorting these into compartments and hiding as much as I can inside boxes, closets or shelves. Here are some useful tips on how to organize kids rooms.
1. Use plastic bins or boxes to store each kind of toy set or game. Trust me, boxes and bins are perfect for us lazy moms.. we can just dump and hide the clutter. A great way to sort toys is to store them according to use. All musical instruments in one bin, art supplies in another, train sets in one drawers, bugs and frogs in a separate box.
2. Have shelves for books to encourage reading and keep it organized.
I totally saw how important it is to get kids to love reading. I like to keep a shelf filled with books that they can reach anytime. This is better than having them around different places in the room.
After you’ve organized your children’s room you should teach your kids to be organized too. No more toys on the floor, stones inside the printer, (yes! I brought my printer to the repair shop only to find a stone inside it!) Once you’ve manged to impart some discipline, you can now move on to styling. The easiest way to style a kids room would be to use these as decor:
1. Wall decals or stickers that you can easily replace after a few years. I prefer to use these over painting a wall and wall paper because they can come off easily when you want to change them. There are so many great prints and designs to choose from too.
2. Photos of your children framed and preserved.
3. Wall art or prints that are framed to match your interiors. I love the art prints from Minted! They have a great selection and ship anywhere in the world that Fedex ships to. You can select and purchase through their website. I fell in love with these two art prints and dream of having them in my own kids’ rooms. You can browse their entire art selection here.
4. I also like to accessories using functional pieces like crates, shelves and bean bags.
These paper lanterns from Typo, double as a night-light, while the bean bags from Pottly N Tubby look so comfy! I also discovered these cool cloud shelves and wooden stackable crates useful for storing toys and books from Heima.
Aren’t these all so cute! I can’t wait to style my son and daughter’s room now! If you want to see what I have in mind for the design of my kids room at the new house, please read more about it here. For now go and dream.. have fun, be a kid again, style and organize!