Hi everyone, as the year unfolds I thought I’d start it filled with inspiration geared towards a new you! Maybe your year is starting out slow just like mine. I am still on vacation mode, enjoying yoga in between errands and the chaotic traffic of Manila. Perhaps things started with a bang as you catch up on your 200 emails accumulated over the holidays. Whatever situation you are in, I invite you to take a breather and open your mind as you join me each week to simple blog posts filled with a task or inspiration to find a new and improved better version of YOU.
I decided to do this because I need it myself! If you read my previous post, disclosing intimate details about how 2016 turned out for me, you’ll know that I wasn’t very inspired and productive. I want to be better this year! I want to be more positive, achieve more, and let go of unnecessary stress. I want to organize more at home, decorate more and enjoy life better! Things have a beautiful way of working out the way it should when done slowly, one day at a time. We don’t heal instantly, we don’t get promoted after 1 day. Magical things happen a day at a time and that is exactly what we’re going to try to do.. we’re going to work on ourselves in every aspect a week at a time enjoying the process as we do so. Week 1 for me began by listing goals for the year. As cliche’ as it sounds, it has to be done! This is what I need to do to get organized, and maybe this is what you need too!
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Grab a notebook, pen and glass of wine then list as many goals as you want to achieve for the year.
2. Narrow them down to 5 goals
3. Arrange these goals from most important to the least.
4. Under each goal list steps you need to take in order to achieve them.
Some inspiration to get you going:
1. What do you want to accomplish?
2. What do you need to improve on as a wife and mom?
3. Do you need to be healthier?
4. Are there things you need to overcome?
5. Are you meeting your deadlines?
6. Are you happy? If not why and what can you do to help yourself?
7. How are you financially?
8. Is your home neat clean and organized?
9. Are you providing healthy meals for your family?
10. Do you need to spend more quality time with the important people in your life?
11. How are you doing spiritually?
12. Are there bad habits in your life that you need to kick out?
As we go on this journey of becoming a better version of ourselves, remember that you are not alone. There are tons of tools online as well as books or planners to help you realize each goal. Here is mine, and it’s free for you to print out. Happy New Year and Enjoy!